How to Use the Google Analytics Parameters Import to Onboard Projects Quicker
Your marketing campaigns are becoming more and more advanced and complex. Your marketing results have been good, but you want your tracking to be more consistent and your reporting more intuitive. You also want your team to create links with standardized UTMs faster so that they can use their time better. At UTM.io, we’re devoted to helping you maximize your time by eliminating the need for mundane tasks, or tasks that are prone to errors.
With the Google Analytics parameters import, UTM.io enables you to build on important tracking parameters that have already been in use. For new UTM.io users, this means you don’t have to start from scratch when setting up your UTM.io account. For existing users, this means you can use the Google Analytics Parameters Import to check for missing parameters or mistakes. For everyone, the feature helps ensure that you didn’t miss a valuable parameter during setup and allows you to refer to past parameters to build new links or templates.
The Steps for Importing Your Google Analytics Parameters
Now that you’re ready, it’s quick and easy to get started with the import. But to make sure you’re doing it by the book, you can follow the following:
- In the Links tab or the Parameters tab, click on “Import Google Analytics Parameters” in the top right corner
- Authenticate with the Google account that manages the GA property you want to import from
- Choose the pertinent GA property, choose the pertinent GA view
- Go through all the five parameter types - campaign, source, medium, term, content. Select all if you wish, or cherry-pick the ones you need at the moment.
- Review the count of parameters to import.
- Hit Import.
- Do not worry about getting it perfect the first time. UTM.io will not create duplicates, you can import parameters from GA more than once, and you can delete parameters inside the app later.
Who Can Use the GA Parameters Import
All your team members can use the parameters imported into UTM.io - from the Links or the Templates tab.
But, there is a key difference between what an admin and a viewer user role can do.
Only admins can import parameters. This helps ensure UTM consistency. Viewers can use the approved parameters that the admin has imported, and create new links
Great to Know for UTM.io Black Belts
You can just use UTM.io. It’s intuitive and user-friendly. But you can also learn the advanced tips that help you use the app like the boss that you are:
- The UTM parameters you’ll import get stored in your UTM.io workspace. We do not send them elsewhere, and we do not store other data.
- You’re not obliged to import every single campaign parameter unless you want to. You have the option to select or unselect them one by one.
- If you change your mind later, you can easily delete parameters later in the Parameters Dashboard
- The GA parameters import will be available to admins only
- You can import into one workspace as many times as you like. That means you can import into one workspace from multiple views or properties, or that you can import carefully selected lists of parameters at the time when they matter most.
- If you try and import a parameter that already exists in your UTM.io workspace, duplicates will not be created. We pay attention to this for you, so your UTM.io workspace stay tight.
Up to here, the article and the first video above have described the how-tos for importing parameters from GA into UTM.io using the GA import feature. The video and the list below serve to give you a better idea of use cases and benefits.
By importing campaign parameters from Google Analytics (GA) into your UTM.io workspace, you’ll gain the ability to:
- Import all or some of your UTM parameters that have been used in the past, instead of creating lists of parameters manually
- Import parameters from multiple GA views into one workspace
- Speed up your process of onboarding new workspaces
- Never miss a valuable UTM parameter that’s already being used in your GA reports
- Create templates for your team to build links faster with the right parameters for accurate campaign analytics
- Use the time you save to move on to more pressing work or sharpen your advanced marketing skills.
We’re looking forward to seeing how this feature helps your work If you still need help, have feedback or ideas, please contact us [email protected]